Thursday, June 30, 2011

2 pounds & 26 weeks

Yes that is the weight of our baby girl! We had our second sonogram together and to make it more special our baby's oma (that is what the grand kids call my mom) was there. My mom was able to experience the miracle of adoption first hand. She meet Bobbie and they hit it off right away, it was wonderful. Our time spent together is nothing less than that every time. My mom immediately got to feel the baby move and kick we were trying to wake her up but I think she was just aggravated with us! Then into the sono room where she came alive on screen unfortunately she was facing downward and away from us but we could see her head and tiny ribs! We heard her heartbeat I think it made mine flutter, I had to catch my breath! Love filled that room yesterday. I'm so glad my mom got to see my first child's sonogram even though she is not born of my body. Bobbie gave her one of the sonogram pictures too. I could not thank Bobbie enough to being so open with us, it's like we've known her forever. I took her to grab some lunch and dropped her off at home. This day only gets better...
 I took the rest of the day off and my mom and I went BABY shopping! We started at Baby's r' us for a car seat
then off to some boutique stores. I got my baby sling that I have wanted since forever and now I have the perfect one can't wait to put my precious lil gem in it! Found a few cute newborn outfits (They are so tiny) and  then we saved the best for last....my favorite baby item...the bassinet. I love the idea of having her next to me all night to be able to reach over and feel the warmth of a little body ahhhh just makes my heart melt. We found the perfect one! Thanks mom for a perfect day! I will never forget these moments, like my sister's toast at our wedding "life is not measured by the breaths we take it is measured by the moments that take our breath away."

No comments:

Post a Comment