Sunday, December 11, 2011

baby love

Days with baby L are special but the mornings when she sees our face for the first time that day melt our heart. Her smile is priceless.






I still can't believe I have a baby to love I think it does take a little longer to understand you are a mother when you adopt. I didn't have the 9 months with her and although I was preparing to bring her home in the back of our mind we were also preparing not to have her.
It has been fun to bring her out and show her off however we usually have a little explaining to do when we are caring a newborn around and I'm showing off my belly. Right now she does have an adoption story but it will not be forever.
When we told someone how big she was when she was born and they said "Oh she must get it from her daddy" because they saw Mike's stature. Those moments can be awkward sometimes we just smile other times we explain. At Outback, our first dinner with her, she had a hat on and a sweet old lady leaned over and said "does she have hair under that hat like her mommy or daddy?"I quickly responded "like her mommy"
Adoption will not define her. Adoption is our testimony. She by grace will have her own testimony.

No comments:

Post a Comment