Friday, August 6, 2010

Where to begin...

I finally am able to sit down and try to recap all that we have been through in the past year and half with fertility treatments. It all started at the doors of The Reproductive Medicine Group we did 2 rounds of Clomid with no success and no known reason for our infertility, so we jumped in with both feet into the unknown world of IVF. Who knew what it would entail but let me tell you it's not for wimps. The shots consumed me morning and evening with Mike we got through each one with hopes of a baby. I was bruised and bloated I  felt and looked pregnant. We cried and laughed many nights about the whole process it is very time consuming so you have to make light of it when you can. The ultrasounds and blood work felt like a science project and I would hold my breath all day for the results. Never did we get bad news. The first round of IVF we transferred 1 great embryo and for 2 weeks I got to feel what it was like to be pregnant because for all we knew it had burrowed its self in to a warm home for the next 9 months. Unfortunately it failed, we failed it was miserable and depressing. But we got back up because we still had high hopes. We had frozen 3 other little guys or girls and they needed a home too. You guessed it we transferred all three our motto was "not one left behind" The doctor said are you sure they all have over 80% survival rate. Yes we're sure! Watching those embryos float up into there place was an amazing miracle to watch. Through this we have learned to be grateful for the opportunity to see God's hand knitting together his children. For they are his and he knows them my name before they are ever in the womb and still they are with him...all 4.
3 Embryos used in FET cycle:
I tried acupuncture for the month after all this took place but dreaded every appointment so I figured it was added stress, maybe I'll try a different doctor because I know studies show it can improve fertility. We feel we need to stay pro active in our quest for a family it is just so draining emotionally, physically, and financially. Mike knows what my body has been through and I'm thankful he always makes sure I'm ready before we start anything new.
So here we are today in the heat of summer we are ready, by prayer we move on...we will dance in the minefields and sail in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment